I decided to completly scratch the meal I had planned (too much work). And so now I'm dead set on making this instead. This is something I've made several times, and I know it's pretty darn good. I don't remmeber where I got it, but I've tweaked the hell out of it over the years to where it's kind of a different recipe.
*8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 of a medium onion-diced
- about 4 garlic cloves, minced
- about 1 tbl spoon of finely chopped parsly
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound of raw cleaned shrimp
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 of small scallops
- Small can (4oz of sliced mushrooms)
1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in butter until onion is crisp-tender. Gradually add the cream and parmesan.
3. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
4. Add the shrimp and small scallops
5. Continue cooking on medium low heat until shrimp become mostly pink (they will continue cooking with the heat of mixture and you don't want to overcook)
6. Mix in chopped parsley
7. Top linguine with shrimp/scallop mixture. (serves about 4)
****Garnish with shredded Parmesan and enjoy!****
I'm serving this with fresh garlic bread, a nice crisp salad, and a nice bottle of white wine ;)